A city not to be missed!
As a urban destination and a major university city, with not less than 253 000 inhabitants and a 410 000 inhabitant metropolis, Montpellier found the right balance between a big town facilities and the Mediterranean "Dolce Vita".
Montpellier offers a whole set of architectural treasures.
Visiting Montpellier means going from an medieval architecture to a contemporary style while discovering outstanding and unusual settings! This modern city, which still has a desire to develop itself, is also an example of controlled urban planning with areas such as Antigone or Port Marianne.
Famous architects such as Jean Nouvel, François Fontès or even Ricardo Bofill have come to Montpellier and designers Garouste, Bonetti and more recently Christian Lacroix have even brought their touch to the town by imaginating the decoration of the Montpellier tramways.
The charms of Montpellier lies in this diversified and surprising architecture.
The 7 assets of the city...
- At the crossroads of Europe (easily accessible by plane, by train or by car)
- Creativity, effervescence and dynamism
- An urban development and infrastructures adapted to business tourism (4 tramway lines, important accommodation capacities, an international airport, a recently renovated railway station in the heart of the city, the Park&Suites Arena with a hosting capacity of 14 000 persons...)
- A Mediterranean destination (seaside, sunshine)
- An incentive destination (way of life, gastronomy, œnology, etc...)
- A stay filled with emotions (hidden treasures, cultural events and magnificent landscapes)
- A city rich by its history that can be seen in every single stone from the thousand-year-old town to the modern one
And one last unescapable point, which reinforces every point evocated before: the professionalism and passion for Montpellier. People (professionals and inhabitants) who love their destination and want to share this passion with the biggest number.